If the payment is $750 or more, payments must be made electronically. For more information, visit ADOR’s Make A Payment Page or call the EFT unit at 1-877-256-2447 or (334)353-7659.
New taxpayers, who have recently created a corporate income tax account, will receive an Online Filing Information letter. The Online Filing Information letter is for information purposes only and provides the taxpayer with the account number, Sign-on ID, and Access Code which will allow the taxpayer to create an account at My Alabama Taxes (MAT).
NOTE: Corporate income tax returns cannot be filed on MAT.
Electronic Payment Options Available:
- ACH Debit– Taxpayers making e-payments via ACH Debit must have a Sign On ID and Access Code to login to My Alabama Taxes (MAT) . Pre-registration is not necessary to make a payment on an invoice or assessment.
- ACH Credit– Taxpayers making e-payments via ACH Credit must be pre-approved by ADOR. To register, complete and submit Form EFT: EFT Authorization Agreement Form .
- Alabama Interactive– The Department will accept e-payments for estimated and automatic extension payments through Alabama Interactive. Visit Tax Estimation or Tax Extension .
- Official Payments– The Department will accept credit card payments through Official Payments Corporation. Visit Official Payments Corporation . There is a convenience fee for credit card payments. The fee is based on the amount of the tax payment and is paid directly to Official Payments Corporation.
- Value Payment Systems– The Department will accept credit card payments through Value Payment Systems. You may choose to use your Discover/Novus, MasterCard or Visa card. Value Payment Systems does not accept the American Express card but has a program called BillMeLater. Visit Pay AL Tax . There is a convenience fee for this service. The fee is based on the amount of the tax payment and is paid directly to Value Payment Systems.