No, however, those electing to voluntarily withhold tax must register for a withholding tax account number with the Department and remit the tax withheld. Forms 1099 reflecting Alabama income tax withheld along with Forms W2 must be submitted with the Form A3 Annual Reconciliation on or before January 31 of the following year.