A refund may be claimed on the IFTA quarterly fuel use tax return for any overpayment of tax in a reporting period by providing a written request or submitting the required petition for refund form [MVR 40-12-23 (items 5 through 12)] for the refund. A refund will be issued once the Department determines that all tax liabilities, including any outstanding audit assessments, have been satisfied to all member jurisdictions. A refund may be denied if the licensee is delinquent in filing any quarterly fuel use tax return.