- How can I avoid having my federal income tax refund intercepted for payment of my state tax debt?
- How soon will the federal refund that was offset show on my account?
- How will I know if my federal tax refund or payment was intercepted to pay a state debt?
- I have a payment plan in effect with the Alabama Department of Revenue. Will my federal refund still be offset?
- I paid the Alabama Department of Revenue in full, but my federal refund was still offset. What should I do?
- My spouse and I filed a joint tax return and our refund was offset for a debt that only my spouse owes. How can I get my portion of the refund back?
- What is an offset?
- What is the legal authority to take my federal tax refund and apply it to my state debt?
- What is the Treasury Offset Program (TOP)?
- Whom should I contact regarding the offset?
- Whom should I contact regarding the offset of my stimulus payment(s) or Social Security Benefits?
- Will the Alabama Department of Revenue charge me any fees if my federal refund is offset to my state income tax debt?
- Will the Alabama Department of Revenue notify the U.S. Department of the Treasury’s Bureau of the Fiscal Service-Debt Management of any changes to my balance for payments I make to the Alabama Department of Revenue?